Traveling the World
To China, Europe, Israel, and South America
In addition to having performed in all 50 states, the ASQ frequently tours abroad.
- In October 2016, the Quartet will perform Beethoven’s early and middle quartets at the Festival Internacional Cervantino in Guanajuato, Mexico.
- In June 2015, the Quartet performed the complete string quartets and quintets of Mendelssohn and Brahms at the Tel Aviv Museum in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- In June 2014, the Quartet performed the complete cycle of Beethoven string quartets at the Tel Aviv Museum.
- In May 2014, the ASQ toured with guest artists Roberto Díaz, viola, and Andrés Díaz, cello, performing sextets of Brahms, Strauss, and Tchaikovsky, in Mexico City and in Frutillar and Santiago, Chile.
- During the 2012–13 season, the Quartet performed in Beijing, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, and Hamilton, Canada.
- In 2011–12, the Quartet performed in Beijing and in Cologne, Munich, and Berlin, Germany, as well as in Montréal, Canada.
- In 2010–11, the Quartet celebrated its 35th anniversary with performances in China, Germany, Israel, Spain, and Switzerland.
- During the 2009–10 season, the Quartet toured South America and Israel. The ASQ performed in Beijing, China (at “The Egg”), Montréal, Canada, and Puerto Rico (at the Casals Festival), and spent two weeks in residency at Taipei National University, in Taiwan.
- During the 2008–09 season, the quartet toured The Netherlands (Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Enschede, Groningen), Germany (Berlin, Bonn, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Klais, Munich), and Italy (Cefalu, Palermo, Treviso).
In summer 2014, the ASQ returned to Beijing for their 10th residency at the Great Wall International Music Academy and helped celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Academy. Involving 80 of the world’s most promising young artists on violin, viola and cello from China and throughout the world, the Academy focuses primarily on developing solo and chamber music skills, with additional opportunities to rehearse and perform concertos with the Great Wall Festival Orchestra, a professional Beijing orchestra with the sole purpose of supporting the young artists of the Great Wall International Music Academy. Guest artists, faculty, and young artists perform concerts in Badaling and Beijing.